Saturday, November 15, 2008

Bye, bye cold, rainy, foggy nights!

At least for now I can enjoy working inside for the winter. Yeah, you figure right, the football is officially over for High schools in this area! It's sad but ok too. This year I have experienced weather for one season like no other. It is like mother nature wanted to make sure everyone knew she was in control and did not like "normal" conditions for football!

Its been a terrific season. I experienced a new kind of zoom lens, rented of course, that just helped me capture the most outstanding images ever! You can go back through my gallery and you can absolutely pick out the images that were shot with the pro lens. My customers will almost always be there, but they seemed to pick up when I used the expensive lens. I guess I am gonna have to buckle down and get one for next year. Luckily I don't need it for basketball or wrestling seasons.

I am still having a blast with the photo business, but it is becoming a job to keep it running smoothly. Some nights when its after midnight, I wonder why I am doing this. Then all I have to do is walk down the hall and look into a couple of bedrooms and see what my obligations are. They are still to young, but hopefully they will appreciate my long hours and that I do have my office at home so I can see and interact with them. I was raised on the work ethic and the harder you work, the more you get out of it. My parents look at me as if I work too much, but they should take a look back and realize that I get it honestly from their many hours and overtime as I was growing up.

Bring on the indoor sports! I look forward in sitting under a basket and dodging balls, referees, and players too! But I have to remember that as soon as winter ends, I will be standing outside again, wandering where the warm gyms are and those darn loud buzzers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is hard to find that balance between work and family. it's great that you are able to do some of it from home, so you do get that time with the kids. Just remember, if push comes to shove, pick the kids... they won't always be there.

Archives